Wednesday, November 10, 2010

on: being the light.

If there's one thing that I want to me more than anything in this world, it is light. It is to be a vessel through which Christ can work, and I know I don't have to visit Africa or Mexico to enter a missions field, that I am in one daily.

I've experienced time after time people recognizing the strength and power of Christ in me without even realizing it. I once heard Dustin mention how people can avoid the church at all costs until their parents are divorced, or someone they love dies, or their family is in ruins. Because people know that God and His church are a place of power and miracles, even though they may not admit it. And as soon as things in their life start crumbling down, those people end up running to Christ and His church even if they've never had a relationship with Him before.

The same thing can be seen in the people who ask advice of me, or who seek Wake and 212 without proclaiming that they're truly seeking Christ. People who I rarely talk to know that I believe and follow Christ and they will randomly facebook me or text me for advice in tough situations, because they recognize the power of Christ. I'm always amazed at how one meeting or conversation can have an impact on someone.

My students are experiencing this right now in a big way. We've started these "212 On Site" clubs on 2 different high school campuses and we're expanding pretty much weekly. Which in and of itself is wild. Last week one of our high schools had 28 students at their launch. Which is awesome! But THIS week, the week that the studying and seeking God really started, they had 45 students! I know these students are desperately seeking God and they don't even know it yet. Because Tory and Jaydon and all of the On Site leaders at all the schools have been such incredible vessels for Christ already, the students around them know that inside of them is something powerful and saving and they want to know what they have. And we're watching students seek Christ during their lunch hour at their high school just because they want to. And it's amazing to watch our students be a light on their campus.

All this to say, I'm constantly amazed at how God works through us. The miracles he does today are through people like you and I who are simply living lives that reflect His love to the people around us. And it's changing lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment